MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC (MFM) is looking for an energetic and organized individual to join their team. The Film Commission Services Coordinator position is an entry-level opportunity in Manitoba’s growing film industry. The ideal candidate will be a focused multi-tasker with excellent people skills, flexibility and work ethic. The position is ideal for an efficient problem-solver who wants to dive head first into this innovative and creative sector. One of MFM’s main objectives is to market Manitoba as a filming location to international production companies. As the Film Commission Services Coordinator, you will play a large role by using your creativity and communication skills to attract projects and help producers visualize their films in Manitoba. A valid Manitoba driver’s license is essential. Excellent knowledge of Manitoba locations and strong photography skills are needed. Computer skills (including Word, Excel and some Photoshop) and the ability to work independently are required. Previous experience in the film industry is an asset. Tasks include:
- Communicating with film producers and responding to inquiries
- Reading film scripts and providing creative Manitoba locations options
- Organizing and facilitating executive film scouts around the province
- Supporting marketing initiatives
- Providing administrative support and database entry
- Assisting in the creation of marketing publications
Resume and cover letters will only be accepted electronically and must be submitted to Kevin Gabriel, Manager of Finance & Operations firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to 5:00 pm (CST), Friday, January 29th, 2016.