- Director Aaron Floresco awarded Bravo Factual Grant
- “Euphoria”, a film by Paula Kelly, receives Audience Choice Award at the Green Bay Film Festival
- “We Were Children”, “Jack”, and “Less Than Kind” win numerous awards at the 2014 Canadian Screen Awards
- Charles Konowal’s “Arctic Defenders” wins best Atlantic feature award at the Atlantic Film Festival
- “All The Wrong Reasons” wins TIFF Discovery prize
- Buffalo Gal Pictures wins Best TV series at the DGC Awards for “Less Than Kind” (Playback Online)
- Member Deco Dawson wins 2013 Winnipeg Arts Council Award (Winnipeg Arts Council)
- Goon and My Awkward Sexual Adventure receive nominations at the upcoming Canadian Comedy Awards.
- ACTRA Manitoba presented its top filmmaking awards on June 11.
- Goon wins Telefilm’s Gold Box Office Award
- Doreen Brownstone and Deco Dawson win at the 2013 Winnipeg Arts Council Awards. Doreen Brownstone received the Lifetime Achievement in the arts award and Deco Dawson won the Making a Mark Award.
- Frantic Films produced Pitchin’ In Season 4 wins Golden Sheaf Award for Best Lifestyle at the 2013 Yorkton Film Festival.
- Passionflower receives the Golden Laurel in Official Selection at the Jerome Indie Film Festival
- Surviving:) The Teenage Brain wins Golden Sheaf Award at the Yorkton Film Festival
- Erna Buffie wins Best Direction in a Documentary Program or Series for the documentary “Smarty Plants: Uncovering the Secret World of Plant Behaviour” at the 2013 Canadian Screen Awards.
- Manitoba projects take home 7 Canadian Screen Awards including Best Comedy Program or Series and Best Direction in a Documentary Feature.
- Tactica Interactive, Frank Digital and DACAPO win a total of 5 awards at the Signature Awards.
- Melissa Kajpust, Lisa Meeches and Ursula Lawson, the leaders of the National Screen Institute (NSI) New Voices program, win the Circle of Inspiration award at the 2013 YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards.
- Merit Jensen Carr, whose Winnipeg-based production company Merit Motion Pictures is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2013, wins the Don Haig Award at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
- Less Than Kind‘s Kim Coghill wins a Writers Guild of Canada Screenwriting Award. Less Than Kind is co-produced by Buffalo Gal Pictures.
- Verdict, the interactive web series Tactica co-produced with Frantic Films (Tammy Marlowe Johnson and Shaun Johnson), wins five awards at the Web Series Festival.
- Deco Dawson is the recipient of the 2013 Manitoba Film Hothouse Award.
- Tactica’s Seed gets 4 stars in the Winnipeg Free Press.
- Deco Dawson’s documentary short, Keep A Modest Head / Ne crâne pas, wins the Best Short Film award at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Les Productions Rivard win a Rockie Award for La ruée vers l’or.
- Kevin Lee Burton wins the 2012 Webby Award for Best Use of Photography for his multimedia project God’s Lake Narrows.
- Juliette Hagopian’s comedy feature, My Awkward Sexual Adventure, wins Best Narrative film at the Calgary International Film Festival.
- Alain Delannoy wins the Jury Award and the Public Award at the Cinemental Short Films Competition in the Professional Category for his film Fraction. He also wins the award for Best Experimental at the Rhode Island International Film Festival.
- Kenny Boyce, City of Winnipeg manager of film and special events, receives the Meeting Professionals International — Manitoba Chapter’s 2012 Influencer Award.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures and Frantic Films each win an award at the recent Writer’s Guild of Canada Awards.
- Ernesto Griffith and the late Winston Washington Moxam’s Billy wins the First Place Narrative Award at the HolyWood Christian Film Festival in Brooklyn, New York.
- Shlegah Carter’s Passionflower is awarded the Platinum Remi award for Dramatic Original Feature at WorldFest Houston International Film Festival.
- Media Rendez-vous‘ TV Magazine, Planet Echo (season 1) wins a Parent’s Choice Award.
- Noam Gonick is the recipient of the 2012 Manitoba Film Hothouse Award, an award in cash and services from the Winnipeg Film Group.
- Ernesto Griffith and the late Winston Washington Moxam wins Best Feature Film at the Lake Arrowhead Film Festival for Billy. Their film also won Best International Feature Film at the San Diego Christian Film Festival.
- Kevin Lee Burton wins a 2012 Webby Award for Best Use of Photography for his multimedia project God’s Lake Narrows.
- Jeremy Torrie wins Best Picture at the Cowichan International Aboriginal Film Festival for his film Path of Souls.
- Ernesto Griffith wins the Barbados Charity Ball Award.
- Guy Maddin ranks 3rd amongst the Best Film Directors of the 21st century.
- Jean LaRose is awarded the National Aboriginal Achievement Award.
- RoseAnna Schick wins the Women of Distinction Award
- Maury Chaykin posthumously wins 2011 ACTRA award for Less Than Kind.
- Ernesto Griffith and Winston Moxam win Best Narrative Feature Film at the 2011 Winnipeg Real to Reel Film Festival.
- Danishka Esterhazy’s Black Field wins Best Feature Drama at the Vancouver Women in Film Festival.
- Caroline Monnet and Kevin Lee Burton (ITWE Collective) win NFB/ImagineNATIVE Digital Media Project Initiative for online interactive project DE NORT.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures win two Canadian Comedy Awards for Less Than Kind.
- Frantic Films’ Wheels of Change wins seven Telly Awards.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures win three Gemini Awards for Less Than Kind.
- Frantic Films win two Gemini Awards for Keep Your Head up Kid: The Don Cherry Story.
- Frantic Films wins two Directors Guild of Canada Awards for Keep Your Head Up Kid: The Don Cherry Story.
- Norma Bailey takes home a DGC award for directing Too Late To Say Goodbye.
- Frantic Branded Content + Commercial wins Silver International Creative Summit Award.
- Frantic Films’ Til Debt Do Us Part wins two Accolade Awards.
- Danishka Esterhazy wins Best Canadian Feature at the 2010 Female Eye Film Festival for Black Field.
- Cordell Barker‘ Runaway wins Genie for Best Animated Film.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures and Merit Motion Pictures receive two Writers Guild of Canada (WGC) Awards: Best Episodic ½ hour for Less Than Kind and Best Documentary for The Royal Winnipeg Ballet – 40 Years of One Night Stands.
- Frantic Films wins a Rockie Award in the Lifestyle & Information Programs Category for Pitchin’ In at the Banff World Television Festival.
- Guy Maddin receives the Gimli Film Festival’s inaugural Legacy Award.
- Danishka Esterhazy’s film Black Field wins Honourable Mention – under the Best Picture category at the New Hope Film Festival.
- Jeremy Torrie is a recipient of the 2010 Canwest-Hot Docs Completion Fund for his documentary project CUDA
- Ryan FitzGerald wins the 2010 Rogers and MFM $15,000 Pitch at the Gimli Film Festival and picks up the development prize for his project Bloom.
- Blinkworks Media takes home top pitch prize at 2010 Westdoc Conference in Santa Monica for Indie Game: The Movie.
- Ernesto Griffith and Winston Moxam win 2010 Human Rights Commission Award for their film Billy.
- Guy Maddin wins the Bell Award in Video Art.
- APTN wins the Amnesty International Canada Human Rights Award for a report on missing women.
- Guy Maddin’s short film, The Little White Cloud That Cried, is named one of the Toronto International Film Festival’s top ten shorts of 2010. Guy Maddin and Derek Mazur’s Night Mayor wins the award for Best Experimental Short at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas.
- Merit Motion Pictures & Tactica win 2010 Interactive Award from Applied Arts Magazine- a Canadian New Media Award.
- Freezer wins Best Featured Alberta Film and T.V. Awards (Produced by Rhonda Baker of Buffao Gal Pictures)
- Eagle Vision Nominated for Banff Rockie Awards
- Merit Jenson Carr Nominated for Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Manitoba creators get 36 nominations at the 2013 Canadian Screen Awards.
- Four Manitoba projects land 6 nominations for the Writers Guild of Canada’s 2013 Screenwriting Awards.
- Winnipeg-based Barry Lank c.s.c. and Ian Kerr c.s.c. have been nominated for the 2013 Robert Brooks Award for Cinematography for their work on Smarty Plants produced by Merit Motion Pictures.
- Alain Delannoy is nominated for a Canadian Cinema Editors 2013 Awards in the Best Editing in Animation category for his film Fraction.
- Frantic Films’s TV serie Pitchin’ In is nominated for the Banff World Media Festival 2013 Rockies awards in the Lifestyle & Information Programs category.
- Merit Motion Pictures has 3 documentaries nominated at the The Yorkton Film Festival Golden Sheaf Awards: Smarty Plants; Surviving:) The Teenage Brain and Faking the Grade.
- Media RendezVous’ co-production “On The Edge: Road to the MasterCard Memorial Cup” is nominated for several awards.
- Frantic Films series Princess has one of its episode, “Spencer”, shortlisted for the 2012 Realscreen Factual Entertainment Awards.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures are nominated for two Canadian Comedy Awards for Less Than Kind.
- Frantic Films are nominated for three Canadian Comedy Awards for Todd & The Book of Pure Evil.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures are nominated for four 2012 Leo Awards for Less Than Kind.
- Frantic Films are nominated for three 2012 Leo Awards for Todd & The Book of Pure Evil.
- Coleen Rajotte is nominated for a 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for her film, The Tragedy of Pikangikum.
- Frantic Films is nominated for three 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for their co-production of Todd & The Book of Pure Evil; one nomination for Edumacation: Winnipeg Comedy Festival 2010, two nominations for their documentary End of Men, one nomination for the series Pitchin’ In and one nomination for Til’ Debt Do Us Part.
- Farpoint Films is nominated for a 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for their documentary The Paper Nazis: Winnipeg’s Fascist and Nazi Movements of the 1930′s.
- Scotfree Productions and Farpoint Films are nominated for a 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for their documentary Drop The Nickel.
- Anita Lebeau is nominated for a 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for her animated film Big Drive.
- Merit Motion Pictures are nominated for a 2012 Golden Sheaf Award for their documentary Are We Digital Dummies
- APTN is nominated for a two 2012 World Indigenous Television Broadcasters Network Journalism Awards.
- Les Productions Rivard’s Pour Un Soir Seulement (For One Night Only) is amongst 3 Canadian TV productions nominated at Rose d’Or Festival.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures co-produced films’ Keyhole and The Year Dolly Parton Was My Mother each received a nomination for the Genie Awards.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures co-produced Less Than Kind receives 7 Canadian Comedy Award nominations.
- Neila Benson (Film Training Manitoba), Lynne Skromeda (Frantic Films) and RoseAnna Schick (RAS Creative) are nominated for 2011 Women of Distinction Awards.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures’ Less Than Kind receives 3 Writers Guild of Canada nominations.
- Frantic Branded Content nominated in the Best Use of Social Media category at the 2010 Canadian New Media Awards for their project NOS Energy Drink Challenge.
- Merit Motion Pictures and Tactica Interactive nominated in the Best Web-based Game category for One Ocean Interactive at the 2010 Canadian New Media Awards.
- Frantic Films receives 6 nominations for the Yorkton Film Festival’s Gold Sheaf Awards.
- Frantic Films received 1 nomination for the Spirit of Winnipeg Awards.
- Les Productions Rivard are nominated for a Prix Gémeaux for best photography/lighting for Pour un soir seulement III.
- Blinkworks, DACAPO and Frantic Films are nominated to the Signature Awards.
- Buffalo Gal Pictures’ Less Than Kind nominated for DGC award – Best Television Series – Comedy.
- Frantic Films’ Winnipeg Comedy Festival receives a Canadian Comedy Award nomination.
- Norma Bailey nominated for Directors Guild of Canada Award – Best Direction in a TV Movie/Mini-Series for Too Late to Say Goodbye.
- Frantic Films’ mini-series Keep Your Head Up Kid: The Don Cherry Story receives 4 DGC nominations – Best Television Movie/Mini-Series, Best Direction TV Movie/Mini-Series, Best Picture Editing Television Movie/Mini-Series and Best Sound Editing TV Movie/Mini-Series.
- Merit Motion Pictures and Vonnie Von Helmolt film production Ballet High nominated for a DGC award for Best Documentary.
- Frantic Films receives 9 Gemini nominations, Buffalo Gal Pictures receives 8 nominations, CBC Manitoba receives 2 nominations and Merit Motion Pictures receives 3 nominations.
- Frantic Branded Content and Merit Motion Pictures each nominated for a Canadian New Media Award.