FTM EXPO 2017 Rights & Clearances for Factual Productions
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$50
Instructors: Sandra Moore & Kerri Woloszyn
This course will give participants an overview of the different kinds of clearances that are essential to obtain for factual programming, with a focus on science and natural history documentaries. We hope to give participants practical advice and templates for use in their own work.
This course is recommended for those with some experience in the industry.
Some course topics will include:
– Discussion of the different types of clearances for which Producers/Production Managers are responsible. What needs to be cleared?
– Discussion about who is tasked with obtaining clearances (during the shoot, after, etc.)
– Release forms for on-camera participants (personal, location, license agreements, group releases, releases for minors, Notice of Filming signs)
– Photos and music
– Other clearances (corporate logos, etc.)
– When do you need producer and legal input?
– Permits and location documents
– Error & Omissions lists
– Different broadcaster requirements
– Video example (participants discuss what clearances were needed with specific focus on stocks and music)
– Examples of music license agreements (master and sync)ß
– Public domain
– Best practices for organization, stock footage lists